Oven-Baked Pork Ribs with BBQ Sauce for a Hearty Winter Meal
There’s nothing more satisfying than tender and flavoursome pork ribs. These cook beautifully in the oven and are perfect for the entire family to enjoy!
American Style Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours 15 minutes | Serves: 6
- 2kg Carina North Quality Meats USA Pork Ribs
- ¾ cup sweet apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 tsp paprika powder
- 1.5 tsp onion (or garlic) power
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1.5 tsp thyme, dried
- 1.5 tsp oregano, dried
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine BBQ rub ingredients and rub directly onto the ribs. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Lay ribs flat on a tray. Pour apple cider vinegar under the ribs, cover the ribs with foil and bake for 1.5 hours.
- While these are baking, combine BBQ sauce ingredients in a pot and simmer (stirring occasionally) for 45 minutes, or until the sauce is thick.
- Remove the ribs from oven and increase the temperature to 2200°C. Drizzle the ribs with olive oil and return them to the oven for 15 minutes (without foil) until they appear crispy.
- Remove the ribs from oven and transfer into a lined tray.
- Brush the ribs with lots of homemade bbq sauce and bake again, brushing frequently with sauce, until ribs are browned and glazed. Turn the ribs every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using scissors, cut into portions of about 3 ribs and serve with warm BBQ sauce.