Tropical BBQ Pork Burgers – Perfect Australia Day Recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6
This recipe is easy, quick, tasty and perfect for Australia Day! Have your friends or family over, throw the pork mince burgers on the BBQ and have an all-around great time! This Australia day recipe is brought to you by Australian Pork. For best results, we recommend that you use our free range Australian pastured pork mince!
- 500g lean Pork mince
- 200g can crushed pineapple, drained (want an even more tropical taste? You can use mango instead!)
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Combine the lean pork mince, crushed pineapple, mint leaves, egg and spring onions in a large bowl, mix well
- Shape the mix into 6 large patties
- Heat your BBQ plate (or a non-stick frying pan) on medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Cook the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side, then rest in a warm place for 2-3 minutes
- Serve on a toasted crusty bun with Swiss cheese, salad greens and mango chutney!