Texan BBQ Pork Fillet with Potato Salad
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4
This recipe is brought to you from Australian Pork. With only 20 minutes of preparation and cooking, it is the perfect meal for casual lunches and dinners with friends or family. Both kids and adults are sure to love it!
- 2 x 250g pork fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Texas BBQ seasoning (see ‘tip’ if you want to make your own)
- 4 cobs of corn, sliced & blanched
- Brush the pork fillets with oil
- Sprinkle the Texas BBQ seasoning onto a sheet of baking paper
- Roll the pork fillets in the seasoning and press the seasoning firmly onto fillets
- Heat the griddle plate and BBQ over a medium heat. Cook pork fillets 4-5 minutes on each side (3 sides)
- Brush the corncobs with a little oil and grill the corn pieces on the hot grill turning frequently
- Serve pork fillets sliced thickly with grilled corn, potato salad, toasted flatbread and a green salad
Want to make your own Texas BBQ seasoning? All you need to do is combine ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 Tblsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp oregano, 1tsp toasted onion, 2 tsp salt and 1 Tblsp dill seed. Add dry chilli flakes if you like it spicy!