There’s nothing more satisfying than tender and flavoursome pork ribs. These cook beautifully in the oven and are perfect for the entire family to enjoy!
American Style Oven-Baked Pork Ribs
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours 15 minutes | Serves: 6
- 2kg Carina North Quality Meats USA Pork Ribs
- ¾ cup sweet apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 tsp paprika powder
- 1.5 tsp onion (or garlic) power
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1.5 tsp thyme, dried
- 1.5 tsp oregano, dried
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine BBQ rub ingredients and rub directly onto the ribs. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Lay ribs flat on a tray. Pour apple cider vinegar under the ribs, cover the ribs with foil and bake for 1.5 hours.
- While these are baking, combine BBQ sauce ingredients in a pot and simmer (stirring occasionally) for 45 minutes, or until the sauce is thick.
- Remove the ribs from oven and increase the temperature to 2200°C. Drizzle the ribs with olive oil and return them to the oven for 15 minutes (without foil) until they appear crispy.
- Remove the ribs from oven and transfer into a lined tray.
- Brush the ribs with lots of homemade bbq sauce and bake again, brushing frequently with sauce, until ribs are browned and glazed. Turn the ribs every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using scissors, cut into portions of about 3 ribs and serve with warm BBQ sauce.