Take your tacos to the next level with this awesome recipe from Australian Pork for Crispy Pork Belly Tacos.
Crispy Pork Belly Tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 3 hours 30 minutes | Serves: 5 people
- 700g of our QLD Pork Belly
- Olive oil
- 10 small soft tacos
- Lime wedges
- 400g tinned refried beans
Black Bean Salsa
- 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ cup of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of pickled jalapenos, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ cup white cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of chipotle sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Using a sharp knife, score the pork belly skin and rub over olive oil and salt. Place the pork on a wire rack inside a deep baking tray half filled with water and roast in the oven for 3 hours. Turn the oven to grill and crisp up the skin, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix all of the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix all of the slaw ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Mix all of the mayo ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the refried beans in a pot over the stove. Meanwhile, heat the soft tacos in the oven wrapped in tin foil. Slice the pork belly into pieces, ensuring each piece includes a crispy bit of skin.
- To assemble your taco, place the refried beans, slaw and mayo on first, then cover with the sliced pork and finish with the salsa and freshly squeezed lime juice.